Sunday, September 9, 2012

Crazy Fall

Life is very crazy in the fall.  Everything begins.  
Family on a fishing hike

I have not been active with women's groups except for our church.  When you move to a foreign country and a very small post/base, you need to be involved to meet people.  So I have attended two women's meeting, one for the Americans and one for everyone.  I have also attended the women's meeting for the church.  Needless to say I have been busy.  It was fun, but not sure if you can do it all.  I am planing on trying to attend what I can because they each offer something different.
This week also started with the girls having gymnastics practice at 8 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  It is nice, but we have to be out the door by 7:25 to walk to practice.  Yes we walk.  The hubby wants to use the car very little, so we walk.  It is ok now, but not sure how that will be in the cold and ice.  We may take the bus.  While the girls are in practice I go to the gym and ride the bike for 45 minutes.  I decided that the treadmill was no what to do since I walked from home.  All together it is about 4 miles more or less.  One doctor here said that the walking did not count as exercise.  I guess he did not know that it is not a stroll and I have about a 20 lb backpack that I am carrying.  
AY and AN are doing well with gymnastics.  It amazes me what they can do.  T is doing well at school she is determined to do well and that goes a long way.  This weekend she is on a trip with the church youth group.  They are camping.  I can't wait to hear the stories.  N is doing well.  He is having some trouble adjusting to things have to be done on a schedule and there is no wiggle room.
I hope that things settle down now that we seem to have schedule.  The girls have their first competition in a few weeks.  I can't wait to see how things are different here.
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment